Concentrated iron macro-algae supplement for all marine fish & reef aquaria
- a high quality, bio-available, chelated iron complex designed to safely raise the iron level in marine aquariums
- providing essential iron for increased growth rates in caulerpa, coralline algae, other calcareous marine algae and many other marine organisms
- contains no gluconates, or polygluconates
- phosphate and nitrate free and contains no fertilizers that could cause unwanted hair algae growth.
Use in aquarium keeping
- Iron is crucial for photosynthesis in all plants, including caulerpa, mangroves, calcareous algae, and symbiotic algae in coral, marine clam and other invertebrate tissues.
- In marine aquariums, iron is used up rapidly and removed through precipitation.
- Reef•Basis Iron is chelated with EDTA, a professional sequestrant that will allow it to remain soluble until used by the life that requires it.
- Growth of all photosynthetic organisms also require strong lighting of proper spectrum.
- Consult your lighting supplier for assistance in the proper type of light, and photo periods for the corals and algae that you are growing.
- Shake well prior to use.
- Add 1 capful (5 ml) per 50 US-gallons (200 L) of marine aquarium water 3 to 4 times per week.
- If measuring the iron concentration, add as required to maintain the concentration between .04 and .10 mg/L.
- Dosing through use of a drip system is a superior method of addition.
- Do not mix with buffers or alkalinity supplements prior to addition.
- You may mix it with strontium, magnesium, and many other supplements.
- Determine the amount of iron consumption during the time it takes add the entire volume of your drip system.
- Determine the amount of Reef•Basis Iron to add in milliliters by multiplying your tank capacity in gallons by the amount you want to raise it in mg/l (ppm) and by 1.0
- Example: if you have a 100 gallon tank and you want to raise the level by .05 ppm with the entire dose, you would multiply 100 x .05 x 1.0 which equals 5 ml of Reef•Basis Iron or 1 capful