Stabilized ionic iodide supplement for all marine fish & reef aquaria
- a stabilized, safe iodide supplement, designed to nourish organisms that require iodine
- it is particularly useful for soft corals of all kinds, particularly xenia, as well as gorgonians, hard corals, tunicates, marine worms such as feather dusters, sponges, macroalgae, and crustaceans, particularly shrimp
- growth rates in xenia and gorgonians will likely improve with it's use
- it helps all corals and clams retain their coloration and shield against strong lighting
- Reef•Basis Iodide contains no gluconate or polygluconate
Use in aquarium keeping
- Iodine, while present in better salt mixes, is rapidly removed through ozone, skimming, carbon and other filtration and used up by inhabitants.
- It is necessary, therefore, to supplement it for maximum invertebrate and algae health, particularly if you have strong lighting.
- If you are propagating corals, be sure to use Coral Exponential TM to provide naturally ratioed amino acids for accelerated tissue growth along with Reef•Basis Calcium, Magnesium, and Strontium to provide proper minerals for aragonite growth.
- Also, use Coral Elements•N to add vitamins and trace minerals specifically designed for corals.
- Continuum recommends that you maintain about .04 to .06 mg/l (ppm) iodide level in your aquarium, if measuring.
- Shake well prior to use.
- Add 1 capful (5 ml) per 50 US-gallons (200 L) of marine aquarium water 2 to 3 times per week.
- Do not overdose!
- Dosing through use of a drip system is a superior method of addition.
- You may mix it with buffers or alkaline supplements, but not with calcium, strontium and similar products.
- Determine the amount of iodide consumption during the time it takes to add the entire volume of your drip system.
- Determine the amount of Reef•Basis Iodide to add in milliliters by multiplying your tank capacity in gallons by the amount you want to raise it in mg/l (ppm) and by 2.5.
- Example: if you have a 50 gallon tank and you want to raise the level by .01 ppm with the entire dose, you would multiply 50 x .01 x 2.5 which equals 1.25 ml of Reef•Basis Iodide or about 1/4 capfuls.
- Continuum recommends that you maintain about .04 to .06 mg/l (ppm) iodide level in your aquarium.