Instant liquid phosphate remover for all marine and reef aquaria
- A technologically advanced, premium quality, maximum strength phosphate remover that immediately and safely begins to reduce the reactive phosphate present in a saltwater aquarium.
- It may be used on an ongoing basis to keep phosphate levels under control.
- Keeping a very low to immeasurable phosphate level is one way to keep a cleaner, more pristine aquarium.
Use in aquarium keeping
- It is not recommended that you add more than the dosage given in the directions, per day, so that you don't irritate sensitive corals by reducing the phosphate level too rapidly.
- Because Phos•Correx precipitates the reactive phosphate by binding it, it will tend to cause cloudiness in the aquarium, which should be removed by mechanical filtration, and protein skimming and is temporary.
- It is not, however, meant to be used as a substitute to proper aquarium maintenance.
- Phosphate levels should be initially controlled by limiting the amount of food being used, controlling the types of foods added and treating any tap water by reverse osmosis, deionization or distillation to remove phosphates contained in the tap water prior to introduction into the aquarium.
- Growing macro algae will naturally utilize phosphates in the water, thereby reducing the phosphate level.
- Add 1 capful (5 ml) per 20 US gallons (50 L) of aquarium water to remove up to 1 ppm of phosphates. Add product near a mechanical filter or protein skimmer inlet.
- For best results:1) Test the phosphate level with a quality phosphate test kit. Add Phos•Correx as noted above, one capful per 20 US gallons per 1 ppm phosphate tested.2) It is not recommended that you add more than this even if the phosphate level is higher. Wait a day and treat again until the phosphate level is at your target.