Continuum Aquatics Ocean Snow 2L
Marine snow replicator for live corals & reef aquaria
- Marine snow is a word first coined by American naturalist, marine biologist, and explorer William Beebe in the 1930's to describe the continuous shower of organic and inorganic particles that he observed from his bathysphere.
- In the ocean, marine snow provides a means of transporting nutrient rich matter from the photic zone near the surface towards the ocean floor.
- Continuum Ocean Snow replicates this process by providing a rich source of both organic and inorganic nutrients simultaneously.
- It provides aragonite based inorganic minerals, as well as rich marine proteins and lipids in ratios necessary for coral growth.
Use in aquarium keeping
- Ocean Snow provides an excellent means of supplying both organic and inorganic nutrients to filter feeding invertebrates of all types.
- It is useful for hard and soft corals, tube worms, clams, sponges, tunicates and others.
- Continuum recommends that the hobbyist vary the types and sizes of foods delivered into the reef aquarium.
- Other Continuum foods that make good choices for this food rotation include Coral Exponential, Micro• Blast, Zoo•Blast and Phyto•Blast.
- Also, occasionally blending the foods and using them as soaks for other foods will give your invertebrates a variety simulating nature.
- Vary the time of day for feeding, as well, being sure to feed at night for those organisms that primarily feed nocturnally.
- Many corals feed primarily at night, extending their tentacles and mesentarial filaments, using their nematocysts to capture prey, and entrapping prey on their sticky tentacles with mucus and drawing it into their mouths.
- Shake well prior to use.
- Add 1 capful (5 ml) per 50 US-gallons (200 L) of marine aquarium water 2 to 3 times per week.
- May be used as a food soak or added to food soak.
- Target feeding is the best method of addition.
- Use a turkey baster, pipette, or similar tool to release upstream of animals to be fed.
- Do not touch corals with tool.
- Do not insert tool into this bottle, particularly do not allow aquarium water to enter the bottle, to do so will introduce bacteria into the product and accelerate its decomposition.
- Instead, pour appropriate amount of Ocean Snow into a cup and use the tool in the cup.
- Feed all that you pour and do not return any product to the container (again to prevent contamination).