CerMedia Marine Pure Bio Filter Media 8x8x4" Block
MarinePure is the perfect place for beneficial bacteria to flourish in order to remove harmful fish wastes. It will eliminate ammonia and nitrites and lower nitrates.
MarinePure's bio-media is the most technically advanced bio-media available today.
Why Use MarinePure
- Better value due to high performance
- Reduced tank maintenance
- Allows for higher fish loads
- Can use a smaller filtration footprint
- More consistent water chemistry
- Easy to shape
Thin Bio-Film Technology™
Combination of vast surface area and open/interconnected pores allow a thin bio-film to develop.
This thin film allows bacteria to flourish because necessary nutrients are immediately available.
With the open pores, old dead bio-film is easily flushed from the media and will not plug the media.
Water flows through the media, not around as with other denser medias, thus utilizing the most surface area for beneficial bacterial growth.
- Ammonia, Nitrite & Nitrate Removal
- Primarily designed to provide deep anaerobic zones for de-nitrification in passive or low flow systems.
- Live rock substitute
- Use in Aquarium sumps