Tunze DOC Skimmer 9410
Skimming, filtering and aerating a saltwater aquarium without power consumption is impossible. But, no unit uses less current than TUNZE® DOC Skimmer 9410. At a power consumption of only 11 W (15 W), the new DOC Skimmer has equivalent performance to much larger skimmers consuming more than twice as much power. In addition, no settings are required; it is extremely silent; it is easy to operate and it is nice to look at.
- Skimmer cup (diam. 160 mm (6.2 in.)) with large capacity; also contains the foam reactor; can be removed easily.
- The booster ring permits a fine adjustment of the performance, thus adapting the water level inside the skimmer as required for the production of somewhat wetter foam, for example.
- The removable post-filter at the outlet of the skimmer permits perfect mechanical filtration through 300 µm (11.8 mil) nylon mesh with little biological action only. This ensures that no unwanted nutrient and nitrate sources develop in case of longer cleaning intervals. The filter can be filled with other filter media, such as activated carbon or phosphate absorber.
- Stable base which also reduces the water velocity in the lower zone of the skimmer.
- TUNZE® Hydrofoamer Silence 9410.04 is a pump specifically developed for protein skimmers. The Hydrofoamer generates large volumes of fine air bubbles with a diameter of between 0.1 to 0.3 mm (.0039 to .011 in.). It has an energy consumption of only 11W (15W) at an air output of 600 l/h (158 US gal./h) which places this air generator at the top of its product class. At a water flow of 900 l/h (1,000 l/h) (237 US gal./h / 264 US gal./h), it is also used to supply the aquarium water to the skimmer.
- The mixing chamber with flow distributor binds an especially high amount of organic material.
- Intermediate chamber with phase water: The patented Anti-Overfoaming System® prevents an overfoaming of the skimmer and regulates the skimming action according to surface tension of the aquarium water and water level. The skimmer operates independently and automatically sets its best efficiency.
- Nipple for ozone connection. Ozone improves the skimming process and at the same time removes any yellowing matter in the aquarium water.
- Recommended for salt water aquariums up to 1,000 liters.
- Immersion depth of 140 to 240 mm
- Dimensions without post-filter: L250 x W180 x H415mm
- Water flow rate: 900l/h,
- Water throughput: 600l/h
- Skimmer cup volume: 0.7 L