Fortified liquid aragonite suspension for all marine fish and reef aquaria
- a one step calcium buffer system that will provide calcium as well as carbonates and other minerals for rapid growth of coralline algae, corals, clams and other marine invertebrates
- made from expensive marine aragonite
- will not pollute your system
- contains no terestrial mud which could contain no telling what nor acetate, gluconates, polygluconates or other unnecessary organics to pollute your aquarium
- phosphate and nitrate free
Use in aquarium keeping
- Proper control of calcium level is imperative for the health and growth of corals and many other invertebrates.
- If the calcium concentration is too low, growth rates will suffer.
- If it is too high, alkalinity or buffering capacity will be diminished, leading to possible instability of pH.
- Sufficient magnesium levels are also necessary to maintain the proper balance.
- It is therefore recommended that the hobbyist measure and control the levels of calcium, magnesium and alkalinity on a regular basis.
- Strontium is also required for formation of aragonite.
- Continuum recommends that you maintain a calcium level of between 410 and 450 mg/L (ppm), an alkalinity level of 7 to 11 dKH (2.5 to 4 meq/L), and a magnesium level of 1250 to 1350 mg/L (ppm).
- Note: Aquarists keeping SPS corals should consider keeping alkalinity at 7 to no more than 9 dKH (2.5 to 3.21 meq/L).
- Addition at night will help balance pH and prevent night time pH decline.
- It will also allow time for the water to clear from the cloudiness that is inherent in dissolving the aragonite particles in the product.
- May be used simultaneously with other Continuum products such as Reef•Basis Calcium, Magnesium, Strontium and Basis KH to individually adjust levels to proper values, or simultaneously with Reef•Sculpture part A and B.
- Reef•Basis Reactor will cloud the aquarium upon addition, it is therefore recommended that it be added a night in an area of strong flow.
- Shake vigorously immediately prior to use!
- Add 1 capful (5 ml) per 50 US-gallons (100 L) of marine aquarium water 3 to 4 times per week.
- For best results, measure the calcium concentration and add as required to maintain the concentration between 410 and 450 mg/L (ppm).
- not suitable for use in most dosing systems because of the need for agitation, and should be added manually.
- Daily addition is preferable
- Do not mix with any other supplements prior to addition.
- Determine the amount of calcium consumption between addition periods (per day or per every other day).
- Determine the amount of Reef•Basis Reactor to add in milliliters by multiplying your tank capacity in gallons by the amount you want to raise it in mg/l (ppm) and by 0.0286. (Example: if you have a 100 gallon tank and you want to raise the level by 10 ppm with the entire dose, you would multiply 100 x 10 x 0.0286 which equals 28.6 ml of Reef•Basis Reactor or 5 -3/4 capfuls).