Coral growth accelerator and amino acid complex for live corals & reef aquaria
- Coral Exponential is a breakthrough product.
- It encourages new coral tissue growth and increased coloration, by providing solubilized proteins as amino acids and lipids including important omega fatty acids in correct ratios for accelerated growth of live corals and other invertebrates.
- It is particularly useful for corals that have been damaged in shipping, injured, grazed upon or that have been subject to bleaching in that it makes the job of nutrient uptake and tissue repair much easier for the animal.
- However, compromised animals may require medication, other nutrients and special treatment beyond what this product can do. No claims are made that such animals will recover.
Use in aquarium keeping
- During times of stress or rapid growth, Corals can utilize dissolved proteins directly from this product, with minimal digestion required, rather than having to rely on their zooxanthellae alone.
- It is also useful as a regular regimen to assist in normal growth and coloration. In addition to Coral Exponential, it is recommended that you also add Coral•Elements N to provide coral specific minerals and vitamins.
- When using this product as a food, Continuum recommends that the hobbyist vary the types and sizes of foods delivered into the reef aquarium.
- Other Continuum foods that make good choices for this food rotation include Ocean Snow, Micro•Blast, Zoo•Blast and Phyto•Blast.
- Also, occasionally blending the foods and using them as soaks for other foods will give your invertebrates a variety simulating nature.
- Vary the time of day for feeding, as well, being sure to feed at night for those organisms that primarily feed nocturnally.
- Many corals feed primarily at night, extending their tentacles and mesentarial filaments, using their nematocysts to capture prey, and entrapping prey on their sticky tentacles with mucus and drawing it into their mouths.
- Shake well prior to use.
- Add 1 capful (5 ml) per 50 US-gallons (200 L) of marine aquarium water 2 to 3 times per week, in an area of high flow.
- This product works wonderfully as a food soak or if added to food soak.
- Target feeding is the best method of addition.
- Use a turkey baster, pipette, or similar tool to release upstream of animals to be fed.
- Do not touch corals with tool.
- Do not insert tool into this bottle, particularly do not allow aquarium water to enter the bottle, to do so will introduce bacteria into the product and accelerate its decomposition.
- Instead, pour appropriate amount of Coral Exponential into a cup and use the tool in the cup.
- Feed all that you pour and do not return any product to the container (again to prevent contamination).