WAV Starter Kit Includes:
- Two (2) WAVs
- 1LINK Module
- 100W 24VDC Power Supply
- 3′ AquaBus Cable
WAV Starter Kit Requires:
Apex, Apex Lite, or Apex Jr.
WAV™ :: Extreme flow for your aquarium
The WAV moves water. Plain and simple. More than 4000 gallons per hour of it! Better yet, for the same amount of flow, the WAV is smaller, uses less power, and is quieter than the most popular powerhead pumps on the market.
A powerhead that answers all your needs:
- Extreme flow (~4000+ gph)
- Compact size (less total mass compared to nearly all similar flow pumps)
- Directional flow (pivots with 40 degree range of motion and can be rotated – great for rear wall use)
- Safe, 24V DC operation
- Low power consumption – <35W at the wall
- Multiple operational modes (random flow modes, mirror, inverse, etc.)
- Easy to clean (pump automatically shuts off when removed from water)
- Incredibly Quiet (possibly the quietest driver on the market)
- Magnetic mount works on up to 1″ glass (in a class by itself)
- Easy installation with just a single skinny wire for all power and control (1LINK interface makes it a snap!)
1LINK™ – Easy, one-click installation
The WAV is the first of a line of aquarium products from Neptune Systems that will use a completely new interface. While many in the aquarium world continue to embrace wireless technologies for interconnectivity, we have decided to go the other direction – a wire.
Wireless connectivity from your smartphone or tablet to your Apex (or other controller) is completely logical – and we embrace that. However, wireless used for the interconnecting of devices within the confines of common aquariums (that are mostly less than 6′ long) is not only unnecessary, but it reduces reliability. Our philosophy is that when distances are measured in a few feet, wireless is a solution looking for a problem. And ironically, wireless really does not save wires. You still need to use a wire to get power to the devices anyway. And let’s not forget configuration – wireless devices require syncing, endless button presses and arcane steps to get them to connect up – hopefully with you and not your neighbor. Finally for all this “benefit”, you as the consumer get the added cost of this wireless technology that must be baked into the price of every device you buy.
So after much study of the problem, our answer is 1LINK. It is called 1LINK because there is one power supply, one module (for up to three 1LINK devices), and a one-click-connection of a wire that carries not only the power for the device, but two-way communication from it to your Apex. Setup is simply click and go.