- a high quality, maximum strength ionic calcium solution designed to safely raise the calcium level in marine aquariums
- providing essential calcium for increased growth rates in corals, coraline algae, crustaceans and many other marine organisms
- It contains no acetate, gluconates, polygluconates or other unnecessary organics to pollute your aquarium
- phosphate and silicate free
- may be used simultaneously with Kalkwasser
Use in aquarium keeping
- Proper control of calcium level is imperative for the health and growth of corals and many other invertebrates.
- If the calcium concentration is too low, growth rates will suffer.
- If it is too high, alkalinity or buffering capacity will be diminished, leading to possible instability of pH.
- Sufficient magnesium levels are also necessary to maintain the proper balance. It is therefore recommended that the hobbyist measure and control the levels of calcium, magnesium and alkalinity on a regular basis.
- Strontium is also required for formation of aragonite.
- Continuum recommends that you maintain a calcium level of between 410 and 450 mg/L (ppm), an alkalinity level of 7 to 11 dKH (2.5 to 4 meq/L), and a magnesium level of 1250 to 1350 mg/L (ppm).
- Note: Aquarists keeping SPS corals should consider keeping alkalinity at 7 to no more than 9 dKH (2.5 to 3.21 meq/L). Do not add calcium and buffering (alkalinity) products at the same time. Doing so will cause unnecessary precipitation and possible cloudiness.
- Shake well prior to use.
- Add 1 capful (5 ml) per 50 US-gallons (200 L) of marine aquarium water 3 to 4 times per week.
- For best results, measure the calcium concentration and add as required to maintain the concentration between 410 and 450 mg/L.
- Dosing through use of a drip system is a superior method of addition.
- Do not mix with buffers or alkalinity supplements prior to addition.
- You may mix it with strontium, magnesium, and many other supplements.