High purity strontium in dry form for all marine fish and reef aquaria
- a high purity strontium in dry form, designed to safely raise the strontium level in marine aquariums
- providing essential strontium for aragonite formation and coral and other invertebrate growth.
- contains no acetate, EDTA, polygluconates and is much stronger than many competitor's products
- made from anhydrous salts, not hydrated salts.
Use in aquarium keeping
- Continuum recommends that you maintain a strontium level of 8 to 13 mg/L (ppm), a calcium level of between 410 and 450 mg/L (ppm), an alkalinity level of 7 to 11 dKH (2.5 to 4 meq/L), and a magnesium level of 1250 to 1350 mg/L (ppm).
- Note: Aquarists keeping SPS corals should consider keeping alkalinity at 7 to no more than 9 dKH (2.5 to 3.21 meq/L).
- Dissolve 1/2 gram, about 1/8 teaspoon of product in 8 oz. ( 236 ml )purified water.
- Add in an area of high flow directly to tank for each 20 gallons capacity, every other day until the desired Strontium level is reached.
- For best results, measure the strontium concentration and add as necessary to maintain between 8 and 13 mg/L (ppm).
- To dose, determine the amount of strontium consumption during the time it takes add the entire volume of your drip system.
- Determine the amount of Reef•Basis Strontium to add to your drip system in grams by multiplying your tank capacity in gallons by the amount you want to raise it in mg/l (ppm) and by 0.0074.
- Example: if you have a 20 gallon tank and you want to raise the level by 3 mg/l (ppm) with the entire dose, you would multiply 20 x .0074 x 3 which equals .44 grams or about 1/8 teaspoon of Reef•Basis Strontium.