Reef•Basis KH Buffer
Professional alkalinity boosting pH & KH control system for all marine fish & reef aquaria
- a high quality, multi-component blended true buffering system designed to raise the alkalinity or buffering capacity of marine fish and reef aquariums and automatically regulate the pH.
- It will hold pH stable over a wide range of conditions providing for safety of the entire system.
Use in aquarium keeping
- Proper control of pH is one of the most critical functions of a marine fish or reef aquarium.
- Continuum recommends that you maintain an alkalinity level of 7 to 11 dKH (2.5 to 4 meq/L) and a pH of 8.3.
- *Note: Aquarists keeping SPS corals should consider keeping alkalinity at 7 to no more than 9 dKH (2.5 to 3.21 meq/L).
- Do not add simultaneously with calcium or mineral supplements, wait 30 minutes minimum and allow for plenty of circulation prior.
- Alternate days is even better. By waiting, you will avoid unnecessary precipitation and possible cloudiness.
- Dissolve 2 grams, about 1/2 teaspoon of product in 8 oz. ( 236 ml ) purified water.
- Add in an area of high flow directly to the aquarium for each 20 gallons ( 76 L ) capacity, per day until the desired pH and KH are reached.
- For best results, measure the alkalinity and add as necessary to maintain the desired alkalinity between 7 and 11 dKH ( 2.5 to 4 meq/L ).* See note above.
- To dose, determine the amount of alkalinity consumption during the time it takes add the entire volume of your drip system.
- Determine the amount of Reef•Basis KH Buffer to add to your drip system in grams by multiplying your tank capacity in gallons by the amount you want to raise it in meq/L by .32 or in dKH by .114
- Example: if you have a 20 gallon tank and you want to raise the level by 1 meq/L with the entire dose, you would multiply 20 x .32 x 1 which equals 6.4 grams or about 1 teaspoon of Basis KH powder.
- Or if you want to raise it by 1 dKH, you would multiply 20 x .114 x 1 = 2.28 grams or about 1/3 teaspoon of Basis KH powder