Aquael Canister Filter Hypermax 4500
Hypermax is a state-of-the-art canister filter that will provide excellent filtration quality even in the largest aquarium tanks. Intuitiveness, electronic operation and safety of use make the filter suitable for both experienced and novice aquarists. High quality, for which Aquael products have been famous for nearly 40 years, guarantees reliability and durability of operation.
There is power
Hypermax has a huge filtration capacity of 4.2 gallons / 15.9 L. This, together with the most efficient, energy-efficient and electronically controlled pump on the market, determines the ability to handle aquariums with a large range of capacity: from 50 to as much as 400 gallons (200 to 1500 L). A set of 2 inlet hoses and 2 outlet hoses ensures adequate water circulation throughout the aquarium, effectively preventing the formation of dead zones in the aquarium.
Crystal clear water
- largest available capacity for filtration media among premium-class filters 15.9 L (14.4 L + 1.5 L prefilter) / 4.2 US gal (3.6 US gal + 0.9 US gal prefilter)
- water circulation throughout the aquarium, no “dead zones” – 2 x IN, 2 x OUT
Powerful and energy saving
- the most powerful pump on the market 4500 L/h / 1188 US gal/h
- energy-saving pump 18–36 W
- Designed for small and large aquariums (200 up to 1500 l / 50 up to 400 US gal)
Aquael products guarantee a high standard of safety in use. First, the Hypermax is powered by a safe 24-volt operating voltage, which poses no danger to human life and health. Secondly, in the event of rotor blockage, the device will automatically shut down, thus preventing the escalation of the consequences of the failure. In addition, we will be notified of the event by an audible signal and pulsating function LEDs. Hypermax will react in the same way in the event of a missing rotor in the motor chamber.
- user-friendly control panel
- easy start of the device
- 10-step adjustable filter capacity
- automatic error signalling – in cases of pump rotor blockage or its absence, a signal is triggered sound and function LEDs they go into a pulsating stat
- powered by a safe 24 V voltage
For professionals and beginners
You can rest assured about operating the Hypermax, even if you are a beginner aquarist. Our designers have ensured that its use is comfortable and intuitive in every detail: from the easy-to-use control panel to the wheels that allow you to move the device comfortably. Proven and patented functionalities, previously used in the highly regarded ULTRAMAX filters, were also applied. These include a prefilter and systems: double ball valves and self-flooding of the filter. These solutions have been receiving positive feedback from aquarists for years. We are confident in their reliability.
- silent engine operation 24–44 dB
- automatic venting system
Convenient to use
- does not require frequent servicing – integrated pre-filte
- disconnecting hoses without risk of flooding – patented double ball valves
- simple filter activation – patented self priming system
- freedom of movement of the device – 4 integrated wheel
- complete set of accessories
Capacious 0,4 gal prefilter built into the cover of the device effectively retains large impurities, which significantly reduces the frequency of servicing the filter. Cleaning the prefilter itself is very simple and does not even require removing the device from the cabinet. Just lift the lid, remove the sponge from the basket and rinse it under running water.
Double ball valve system
Aquarists know that a critical stage of work that requires access to the interior of the filter is usually the disconnection of the inlet and outlet hoses from the device. The remaining water in the filter usually spills out onto the floor, which causes justifiable irritation. To avoid this, the Hypermax uses a patented system of double ball valves. They simultaneously close the filter’s inlet and outlet in the lid and the lumen of the hoses and block the uncontrolled escape of water.
All you need to do is make 2 to 4 movements of the plunger and you’re done. The filter will be primed with aquarium water.
A set of accessories necessary to install and start the filter included:
- overflow pipes;
- sprinkler system;
- cartridges for filter media baskets:
- STANDARD SPONGE 10 PPI prefilter sponge;
- STANDARD SPONGE 20 PPI sponge;
- STANDARD SPONGE 30 PPI sponge;
- BIOCERAMAX 1200 1L;
- CARBOMAX PLUS 1L.
- 2 empty filter media baskets – to be filled according to the needs of your aquarium.
- Aquarium capacity [L] : 200 - 1500L
- Power [W] : 18 - 36W
- Efficiency [L/H] : 4500
- Max head [cm] :200
- Dimensions [cm]: 36W x 36D x 55.5H